Training should be given for them on potential hazards of their respective jobs which they are given for doing as many risks are associated and plumber are Educated to take plumbing insurance so if anything happens to them or equipment or other persons liabilities can be claimed.
Studying and understanding about chemical hazards, and many others like WHMIS and SDSs.
Using safety data sheets and studying them will be useful for you as there will be full details related to chemical properties of the chemicals they use and what are all the medical hazards they can face in future and proper equipment which you need for working in that place.
When something occurs they should be able to report it rather than sitting calmly
If plumbers work with some substances like Pb, mercury and other asbestos substances and etc.. The plumber should follow the instructions given and they should have proper practice before and due to these many hazards the plumber is advised to get plumbing insurance.
Practice is all which is needed for them and especially in few procedures:
- when entering way is so Confined
- Problem is at heights and you need to work at heights
- When plumbers using different tools there hand grip should support and sometimes power tools are used and good control over it should be there so practice is important
- De-energizing and locking out machinery and equipment before performing maintenance
- Plumbers should be able to take their own safety by using some sort of equipment for protection of them.
- Practice Lifting because all of sudden you can’t do it and end up failing and equipment may break and for such types of issues plumbers should take plumbing insurance so that it can recover claims on its own.
- It is very common falling and slipping while doing a job so learning how to handle in such situations.